Healthy Flourless Banana Muffin Recipe
I really crave baking in the kitchen. I love making healthy recipes, tasting them, making family and friends taste them and then finally sharing them with you and in my recipe book. These flourless banana muffins were absolutely delicious and the ingredients are staples in my house.
Why I love this healthy muffin recipe
I already mentioned reason number 1: these ingredients are staples in my house, nothing fancy. It's insanely healthy and delicious and you can definitely play around with ingredients a little bit. It's perfect for kids as a snack, breakfast or even dinner (omit the honey for kids under the age of 1).
Need I say they were perfect with my morning coffee?
Healthy Flourless Banana Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips* (keep on the side till end)
- Preheat oven to 200 C & grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips into a processor and mix until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and stir by hand only.
- Divide equally onto 12 tins.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (depends on your oven).
- You can do the toothpick check and if it comes out clear, you’re good 😉
*You can make it even healthier by using walnuts or almonds instead of chocolate chips.
People loved these chocolate chip, banana muffins
Including my 4 year-old, sleepy nephew who dived into 3 muffins in 15 minutes! What better way to get him a dose of fiber, vitamins, proteins and nutrient rich snack? Or meal in this case!
A ton of my followers tried it through my instagram, check out the post:
You can find this recipe and many more like it in my recipe book that you can buy now and receive a copy on your phone. Let me know what you think of it by dropping a comment below!
It's been featured on buzzfeed, check it out!