Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies - Healthy Recipe
This is a guest post by Salwa Smaily, Nutritionist and Food & Health Engineer, you can find her on Instagram at @sa7nak_sa7tak
Salwa shares healthy recipes regularly on her Instagram page and as soon as she shared this one with me, I made it for the family and decided to share it with you. It has a nice crispy yet chewy texture and I'm sure you will love it.
Whether with a cup of coffee or tea, a healthy cookie is always a winner.
This recipe is amazing and calls for nutritious and delicious ingredients. Can you believe it contains chickpeas! Yes yes, chickpeas. Chickpeas not only enhance the protein content of the cookie but also make it soft and chewy.
I love this healthy cookie recipe because it's a very simple recipe with basic, healthy ingredients and it makes phenomenal cookies. And guess what? They are oil-free and refined sugar-free.
And because this recipe does not contain eggs, you can also enjoy it raw, like chocolate chunks cookies dough.
What are the benefits of each ingredient used?
This cookie recipe calls for chickpeas, which provide you with proteins, carbs, fibers and a lot of health benefits. It contains peanut butter, which provides you with healthy fat and proteins. It is sweetened with honey and contains dark chocolate chunks which are loaded with antioxidants. So I really don't think there is something better for your morning or afternoon coffee or tea.
Let's dig right in!
Healthy Chickpea Chocolate Chip Recipe
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained( or 265 g cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunk or chips plus a little more to sprinkle on top.
- Preheat your oven at 180°C.
- Using a food processor, process all ingredients together except chocolate chunks until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks with a spoon.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, make a scoop for each cookie and flatten them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Continue until you use all the batter, or you can keep a little bit to enjoy them raw.
- Add some more chocolate chips on the top.
- Bake at 180°C for about 9-12 mins and enjoy
Guest Author: Salwa Smaily, Nutritionist and Food Engineer
Follow her on Instagram for more delicious recipes: @sa7nak_sa7tak
For more awesome and easy recipes you can also check out Super Recipes Ebook and get it downloaded straight onto your phone in Arabic or English!