Healthy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
I can gladly spend days in my kitchen in Dubai baking healthy desserts or creating healthy snacks, but you'll find me losing my mind trying to perfect a chicken in the oven!
I'm a Dubai dietician so I'm blessed with lots of different products and items in our supermarkets that I can use for my baking experiments, but I like to keep the ingredients in my baking quite basic so you can also prepare them wherever you are around the world. I love making healthy brownies, healthy cookies, healthy cheesecake, and healthy mug cakes! But savory dishes are just not my cup of tea, so I'll leave those recipes for my mom and my sister, Mirna.
I'm always on the hunt for the perfect healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe to make at home because I needed to find a replacement for those yummy cookies we have at the mall. But whenever I try a recipe, it never comes out as chewy or with the proper consistency.
But I finally cracked the cookie code! & I'm sharing it with you because you're part of my team, and I can't keep this goodness away from you!
Why is this chocolate chip cookie recipe considered healthy?
- Whole grain flour, which is rich in B vitamins and loads of fibers
- Coconut oil, which tolerates high heat temperatures well and is better metabolized by the body
- Coconut sugar, all sugar is sugar, but this one has slightly more minerals and has a lower GI index, so less sugar spikes and hunger pangs
- Egg, this adds protein and healthy fat content to the cookies
- Dark chocolate chips, dark chocolate simply has more antioxidants, so it's not less calories or less sugar, but it has more benefits than the regular milk chocolate. To make the recipe even healthier you can explore with cocoa nibs or raisins!
- All these ingredients combined makes this recipe so insanely filling!
Now let's dive into this recipe!
Healthy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Makes 12 delicious healthy cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, solid
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup whole-grain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the solid coconut oil and coconut sugar until combined. Beat in the egg and then the vanilla.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients into wet until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tbsp dough balls onto parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 180°F for 6-7 minutes. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Give it a try, snap a quick photo and tag me on Instagram @baraaelsabbagh or let me know in the comments below!
If you want more recipes like this you can buy Super Recipes Book
Get the E-Book on your phone by going through this link: Superrecipesbook.com
Order the printed copy to your house by purchasing it through this link.
Order it on Amazon through this link.
Get the hard copy from stores in Lebanon:
You can pick it up from:
- All virgin megastores, including ABC verdun, Achrafieh, City Center
- Carrefour, City Center
Lots of love!