Healthy Fudge Banana Brownie
This is a guest post by Nelly Osman, Nutritionist, you can find her on Instagram at @nutritionally.stripped
Nelly shares daily nutritious healthy recipes and I had to share one of them with you to enjoy. I tried this healthy brownie recipe yesterday morning and it was so moist, delicious and definitely fulfills that chocolate need.
Any Brownie Lovers?
Brownies are one of those desserts that you would want to bake when you’re having a bad day or a really strong chocolate craving because let’s face it, there’s just something about a brownie that feels a little healing and lifts the spirit.
BUT who said brownies can’t be healthy, made with GOOD-FOR-YOU ingredients without refined sugars and still hit the spot?
So now you are about to be introduced to these easy and amazing Healthy Fudge-y Banana Brownies because when you have some ripe bananas you gotta use them, am I right?
They taste heavenly and are rich, melt in your mouth gooeyness, nutritious and will feed your soul.
This recipe can easily be made to be vegan or vegetarian, check the note below for the necessary modifications.
All you need is two bowls and you are good to go. Let's get started with this healthy recipe!
Healthy Fudge-y Banana Brownies
Serving: 9-12 Healthy Brownies
- 1 Cup Oat Flour (Or Grind 1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats in a Processor)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Mashed extra ripe Bananas, about 2 large ones
- 1/2 cup Low Fat Yogurt
- 7 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup or Honey
- 2 tbsp Skim Milk
- 3 tbsp semi-sweet Mini Chocolate Chips; Divided
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
Vegetarian/Vegan Note: To make the healthy brownies vegetarian, substitute the milk and yogurt with a non-dairy source (coconut/hazelnut/almond milk alternatives), and the egg with a flax egg.
- Preheat Oven 350 F or 180 C
- In a bowl, whisk together the Oats, Cocoa Powder, Baking Soda, Baking Powder & Salt
- In a separate bowl, stir together the Oil, Egg, and Mashed Banana
- Mix in the yogurt until no lumps are remaining
- Then mix in the sweetener and milk
- Add wet ingredients to dry ones and stir until well incorporated
- Fold in 2 tbsp of the Chocolate Chips and all the walnuts
- Spread mixture into a greased 8x8 Pan, and sprinkle the remaining tbsp of chocolate chips on top
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes
- Take it out and let cool before cutting
Enjoy these healthy fudge brownies that are lower in calories and saturated fats than your typical brownie recipe. They're also rich in fibers, potassium, protein, omega-3 and a chocolate inside that will for sure elevate your mood!
Share with us your pictures on Instagram by tagging @nutritionally.stripped and @baraaelsabbagh
Guest Author: Nelly Osman, Nutritionist
Follow her on Instagram for more delicious recipes: @nutritionally.stripped
For more awesome and easy recipes you can also check out Super Recipes Ebook and get it downloaded straight onto your phone in Arabic or English!