The Easiest & Best Healthy Banana Bread You'll Ever Make By Personal Trainer, Registered Dietician, and Sports Nutritionist in Dubai, Baraa El Sabbagh
Why Is Everyone Making Banana Bread?
It seems like everywhere you scroll, you come across pictures and pictures of banana bread. From influencers in Dubai to homemakers in the U.K., banana bread is increasing in popularity during the global lockdown, and people want to know why.
Banana Bread Helps Avoid Wastefulness
One of the main reasons people love to make banana bread is because they get to save their overripe bananas and make something out of it. Other fruits unfortunately get thrown away when ripened, so if there's something we can do to salvage old food, we go bananas for it!
Banana Bread Recipes Are Easy & Quick
Most of the time in lockdown (or during regular days) aspiring bakers are looking for a quick and easy recipe for banana bread or any other type of dessert. It's one of those staples they want to perfect before going on to more difficult and elaborate recipes.
I Bring You... Healthy Banana Bread
I was lucky enough to be approached by @thesnacksociety, who wanted to share an awesome banana bread recipe that's health-approved. What's the difference between this banana bread recipe and the others? Using oat flour instead of white flour, coconut oil instead of vegetable oil or butter, and maple syrup instead of sugar.
What To Make Next?
Now For The Healthy Banana Bread Recipe!
- 1.5 cups ground almonds
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or more if you prefer it to be sweeter
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 large ripe bananas
- First ground the almonds to an almost fine powder, but not nut butter.
- If you don’t have oat flour, you can ground the oats in a food processor.
- In a big bowl, first mix all the dry ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Gradually start adding the wet ingredients along with the mashed bananas.
- Mix well and pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. You can slice a banana in half and place it over the top (optional).
- Bake for 35-40 mins at 180°C. Insert a knife in the middle, if it comes out clean, your banana bread is ready. Allow to cool before slicing.
Have You Tried Making Banana Bread Yet?
If you haven't already baked your own banana-based dessert, this recipe's a good one to start with. Also, I need some new baking ideas to try out myself (does not need to include bananas!), so comment below telling me what else you made during quarantine.